Every now and then a need arises to be able to receive email anonymously. Maybe you are setting up an account that requires email confirmation, or something else. Now there is an easy way to accomplish that, for free. It’s called Mailsnapp.Loki. And because it is on Lokinet, nobody will be able to find out who read the anonymously received email as Lokinet hides your real IP address.
- Make sure you have Lokinet Installed. If not, you can download Lokinet from Lokinet.org. It is available for Windows, Mac & Linux
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. So, something like email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com – you get the idea.
- Connect to Lokinet
- Go to http://mailsnapp.loki and type the email address you used in the email address box and click “Access account” button. Modern browsers warn about http addresses, and almost all Lokinet sites are http sites because the Lokinet protocol already encrypts the transmitted data. Using https on Lokinet is double-encrypting.
- Click on the green Open Email button
- Read your anonymously received email!